Monday 7 December 2020

Top 10 Favourite Drag Race Queens: #7 Jiggly Caliente

  Continuing my Top 10 Queens from the first 10 seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race


#7:


Jiggly Caliente



Jiggly Caliente (@jigglycalienteofficial) • Instagram photos and videos

(I realized I should be shouting out their SocMed, have corrected for Manilla and Blair)

Jiggly Caliente was Drag Race season 4s Plus size Barbie who despite winning the mini-challenge on the first episode struggled therafter having a record of 2 mini-challenge wins, 3 bottom, 3 safe, 1 top and 0 maxi challenge wins.  But it isn't her track record that I love her for but her charisma and charm.  She inspired a Ruphrase that carried on past her season "May I call you Jiggly?" and even more amusingly I still say "Where the fuck are my tits?" on the regular, any time anything goes astray from where I thought I had left it.

Sadly Jiggly has never come back for All Stars (possibly because she has since come out as Trans, and we know how Mr. Charles feels about women doing drag)  But with Peppermint being rumoured for All Stars 6 we will see what the future holds.  But one thing we do know is in the future for her is she recently announced she will be a coach and judge on Spotlight: the search for Philippines next drag star.

I close this with a picture from Ms. Jiggly's Instagram of her as of 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment